Monday, April 22, 2013

My Workspace - Cottage update

Here's an update on the fairytale thatched cottage project. You can see past posts on this miniature scale model house here.

As you'll see I've made a front door, added wooden beams to the front, stone wall details using Paper Clay, and changed the front door shape from rectangular to arched. I just felt it suited the design better.

I'm going to do a full in-depth tutorial on how to make this cottage and release that soon. It will include a step-by-step guide to making the door. I've shown a few pictures of the door process below, but there were actually many more steps to it than that and these are all outlined in detail in my tutorial.

Don't forget to check back here or the Facebook page for the final result!



5 comments:

  1. It's already so cute! I can see a definite "Snow White" influence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anna. Yes, I found pictures of the Disney Snow White cottage for influence as well as Tudor cottages in the UK. I'll share a full blog post with my photo influences and my drawings included. :) C x

      Delete
  2. I like the look of the door.
    Bye, Faby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Faby, and thank you for all of your lovely comments on this blog and your continued interest in my work. I will show a full 'how to' about the door in the future. :) x

      Delete
  3. I agree with Faby it's a wonderful door and thanks for the mini tutorial :)

    ReplyDelete